Custom offline raster maps for Vectorial Map
This tutorial shows how to create custom offline raster SQLite maps for Vectorial Map.
A demo video showing all steps can be viewed here on YouTube.
Creating raster maps
- Download, extract, and start MOBAC.
- In MOBAC select "Atlas" - "New atlas" - "OSMAND SQLite" and press "OK".
- Select a map source.
- Check "recreate/adjust map tiles (CPU intensive)" and make sure that the resolution is 256x256 and the "Tile format" is "PNG".
- Mark the region in the map for which you want to create a raster map.
- Select the "Zoom Levels" you want for your raster map.
- In the "Atlas Content" pane press "Add selection".
- Press "Create Atlas". The maps is now downloading. Depending on the selected region and zoom levels this can take a very long time.
- After the download has finished press the "Open Atlas Folder" button. You will find a file with the extension ".sqlitedb". Copy/import this file into Vectorial Map.